Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Risk


         
Risk                                          3/9/2016



The puppet speaks
But has not soul
A cloth over a cudgel 
For someone else's
Hand.

The mouth moves
And the hands wave
Each one a head
Without a brain. 

We do what we must
And we do
What we are told
Nothing but implements
Rusty and dull.

We doubt and we worry
About what, we will do
And what, we will have
But never seem to understand
That life goes on. 

Now that I have lived
I can remember the feelings
Indulged with plenty
And living on nothing. 

I Learned more from suffering
Than I ever did when blessed
Straightened by the losses
And tempered by sacrifice. 

When I sleep
I fall backwards
Reliving in a new way
Each agonizing goodbye
And every painful heartbreak.

But when I wake up
Each day is new
As I pray for understanding
And divine redemption. 

We will survive
Until we don’t
God alone knowing
The hour and the day.

We will have no choice
So what is there to fear?
Only the fevered doubts
Of an evil worm. 

Crawling in every crack
And infecting our minds
Clouding our thinking
With parasitic disease. 

Life is beautiful
And it is here right now
So we ought
To make it meaningful
And wonderful.

Now is the day
To live bigger
Grasping at true authenticity
Even if it hurts
And even if you lose.

The greatest victory
Is hidden around the corner
But only for those who go forth
Into the great and risky
Unknown. 
 








No comments:

Post a Comment