Friday, October 31, 2014

Arise

Arise  10/31/2014

I was as dead
But now I live
And while once, I lost it all
I shall have it back again.


I am like a ghost
That haunts the living
But it took me long time
To become comfortable
In this alien skin.     

Where once, I suffered
Now I laugh
And where once, I was angry
Now I smile. 

It didn’t happen  in a day
And it didn’t happen in a month
But thank God
He found me
And pulled me up
By the roots.  

Come up, out of guilt
And shake the dust
Off your feet
Returning again
To what is real,
And what is true. 

Let others
Run around in circles
And let others
Think about the past. 

Busy protecting their reputations
And busy selling their souls
Watch them run
And watch them squirm.

It is not for me to say
And it is not for me to decide
So all I need to do
Is finish the race.    

I also, can walk the halls
And I also, can find my voice
Without fear
Or doubt. 

I am free as a ghost
Burning bright in flesh and blood
Able to transcend every barrier
Here or there.

Unafraid of living
And unrestrained by loathing
As I ride on the wind
Up and down.

Able to land where I will
And do barrel rolls
Over my enemies
Without guilt
Or self-loathing. 

I can forgive
And be forgiven
Wholly accepting
The love that I need
The kind
That lasts forever. 

At ease
Even as a stranger
In a strange land
And at home
Even as an alien without a country. 

Because this is all theirs
And not ours
So let them become trapped,
And stupid forever. 

But for me,
Let me have the freedom
And the peace 
The irreplaceable treasure
They will never understand.

They have their world
And we will have ours
One on its way down
And the other
That is to come. 

I will drive them mad
With my presence
And haunt them with my transcendence
As they flail in misery
And drown the dust.  

No comments:

Post a Comment