Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Shadow Box



Shadow Box 10/28/2014

You can hear the murmurs in the crowd
And you if are quiet
You can hear the muffled voices
And whispered anger.

Look back at the glass
And see the others looking in
Kept at bay
Through fear and threat.

What price is the truth
That people live in fear
And what is the cost
Of looking the other way. 

Its hard to be happy
When there is so much sadness
Everywhere you look
Starvation, pestilences and neglect.

Words are not enough
But it is all I have
So I spit them out
Awkward, jagged
And painful. 

Every effort is painful
As the world grinds to a halt
Slowly turning over
One half cold
And the other on fire. 

No matter how hard we try
Evil hides
And grows in the shadows
Spreading on invisible wings
Like a germ in a sneeze.  

I wish there was a way
That I could turn back the clock
To know more earlier
And change the future past.

But no man living
Can do that
And we are trapped by a life
Folded neatly into time. 

My dreams have not come true
And I sit in my chair
Alone in a tower

There is no safety
And there is no peace
Not without love
And not without God. 

Save me from me
And help me to remember
That I am loved 
Even here 
And even now.    


No comments:

Post a Comment