Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Silent Fall



Silent Fall 10/7/2014

Whisper the words
Into my ear
Over the long and slow percussion
Of a dying song.

I am like an oxen
Turning the grain
Fed less and less
And stumbling to the end.

I am forever changed
But what good is dreaming
When every pleasure is removed
And all the colors bled away.

There is a feeling
That I have had before
By far more beautiful
Than anything that lasts.

I can still retrieve it
Out of my memory
But even with time
It hurts.

The long knives come out
Just like they always do
In the blackest of nights
Heavy and terrifying. 

What seemed impossible
Has happened before
And even the longest of odds
Has been overcome by faith.

Whisper a prayer for me
And I will say one for you
Unashamed
And fearless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment