Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Straight Edge



Straight Edge  10/15/2014

Double me over
And empty my heart
Letting it bleed all over
Wasted and empty.  .

Nothing can change
All that is evil 
But the good will live
A Second time around.   

I have dreamed of a place
That I know is real
As I peer into a future
In between my sleep. 

Occam’s razor is sharp
But it points in one direction
Nothing new, or hard to find
The same as we always knew.

The world is sick
And it staggers in a circle
Dissolving into mush
And full of worms.   

The fruit is rotten on the trees
And it hangs low and soft
Spit out of the mouth
Poisonous and putrid

The deep fish
Drive themselves ashore
Beached, bloated,
Monstrous and dead.    

The sun tilts the shadows
Long and thin
Stretching out the secrets
For everyone to guess. 

Behold the nightmare
Knocking on the door
Long feared
Murderous and deadly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment