Thursday, June 26, 2014

Stepping Stones



Stepping Stones 6/26/2014

Fingers, hands and toes
Frogs, turtles and fireflies
The stuff of yesterday
And the dread of tomorrow.

My thoughts are random
And they skip from one place
To another
Like a juxtaposed portrait
Cut apart and reassembled. 

Something’s are hardwired
But others are flexible
Even if unintended
We change and transform.

The world is filtered through our brain
And sometimes seeing is believing
But there is always more
Than what meets the eye
In the endless streams of dreaming.

I close my eyes and think
And I can almost see it
The grace of a thousand lifetimes
In the span of few seconds. 

This is not random
And these words
Are no accident
But neither are you
And neither am I.

No one else can do it
And our opinions
No longer count
But God is always bigger
And stronger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment