Thursday, September 26, 2013

Wall to Wall



Wall to Wall 9/26/2013

On the top floor
The room was above the clouds
And it felt like heaven
As we all floated on a bed of white
Far removed
From the chaos below.

We were in meeting
And she was also there
A moment in time
That I thought would last forever.

But something has changed
And I have fallen to earth
Never again to rise to such a height
And never again to dream. 

Something happened in my sleep
Because someone drained all my blood
Replacing it with a black sludge
Inky, dark, and dead.

I force myself to rise
And I go through the motions
But I am not the same
And never will be again. 

The sun still shines
And the wind still blows
But like everything else
It is strangely muted and gray. 

Today I try
And so also will come tomorrow
Easy or hard
I slog on through. 

I never learned the real reason
And I guess I never will
But whatever it is
It doesn’t matter now. 

People, places and things
Ebb and flow
Rising and falling
Ceaselessly as the tide.

But I remain
Inside myself
The only occupant
Left in the tower. 

But all is not lost
Because all of us are here
Still living with the chance
To choose forever. 

Every day and every hour
Are still full of chances
As we get to live over
The rest of our lives

May we all yet understand
What it is
That we must ask
Because I am not done
And this is not the end.  

No comments:

Post a Comment