Friday, August 16, 2013

Smoke Rise



Smoke Rise     8/16/2013

Sometimes I actually smile
Now that I understand
That all of this
Is just a joke
And always will be. 

I am not buying the stories
And I am not taking the cheese
Because it all leads to something
That I don’t need.

They can knock me around
And they can throw me away
Forgetting that I was here
Or ever lived at all.   

Because I have finally seen myself
For what I really am
And if you can see yourself
Then you should know
All that you should change.

But I am not going
To hang my head
And I am not going
To say I am sorry. 

I am still here
And I am not moving
Not for this
And not for that. 

This isn’t the first time
And it may not be the last
But it’s as good a time as any
To stand straight
And tell the truth. 

You can see it coming
From a million miles away
That nothing will ever survive
If the good give up
And all walk away. 

I can see the smoke
Rising in the distance
And the fire shall come with it
To every street, and corner. 

The dumb make excuses
But I have heard enough,
Of that for me
Because I didn’t start this charade
But I know how it ends.

Others can lie all day
But it won’t change a thing
Because truth is bigger than fiction
And it shall consume them all. 

I laugh and shake my head,
But the worst is yet to come
Because diseased animals
Will always lash out
And kill everything they can. 

Turn it off
And love who you can
The ones who remember
Right by your side. 

Good is all around us
And the good have nothing to fear
Not if they remain worthy
And true to the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment