Friday, August 9, 2013

Reading the Leaves

Reading the Leaves 8/9/2013

Talk to me softly
And tell me
That it’s okay
That nothing will ever destroy
What it is
That we are.

When I was alone
I thought that I would die
Because there was nothing I could share
And no one I could hold.

This world doesn’t mean a thing
If you can’t tell the truth
And love is pointless
If it can never be real.

Maybe you will get what you want
Or maybe you won’t
But either way
You still have to try
And you still have to lose.

I took me the longest time
To learn how to give
And not just with a happy heart
But expecting nothing in return.

Careful not to resent
What others may receive
Even if they do not deserve it
And probably never will.

It is this day
Times ten thousand more
Of doing what is right
For nothing at all.

Once my eyes were opened
I did all I could do
Because I knew nothing would ever last
Like the love, I had for you.

There is nothing stopping us
From doing what we want
But there is a lot more to life
Than what is easy
Or cheap.

Everything starts somewhere
So shall this to
The day I finally learned
And still bothered to try.

It may take a long time
But the end is still clear
That what started as a lie
Is doomed in the end.

Once you can look backwards
And see it
For what it is
Only then can you look forwards
And learn to love again.

Everything will come back
In a better way than before
But only for the good
And only for the able.

My heart is laid open
And I have poured it out
Just to stare at the contents
With the cold hard eyes of truth.

I know what I have done wrong
And I have asked to be forgiven
But it takes more than knowing
To have it back again.

Only when we let go
Can we ever keep a thing
And only when we reject what is wrong
Will we ever make the leap.

No comments:

Post a Comment