Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Truth and Error

Truth and Error 4/23/2013

Sometimes I dream
About making it right
Going backwards in time
And finding the answer
To all I lost.

But when I wake up
I am still forgotten
And I am still trash
Carried away by the wind
And endlessly tumbling
Down the road.

It’s not about what we do
And it’s not about how much
Or even how far
But rather the most important part
Is why
And for what.

What is it
That we so desire so badly?
And why do casually discard
All that we have?

Are we searching for status?
Or is it approval?
Nothing more than a feeling
That comes and goes.

What did we hope to achieve?
And what was our goal?
All that we do out of boredom
And all that we reap
Because of pride.

I was blind
And I was dumb
Picking up the pieces
Just to bust them up again.

I wanted to create
And indulge my passions
Without a thought to the consequence
Or the weight of burdens.

Living in my own emotions
And tossed about by the waves
As I carried everyone with me
From shore to shore.

I put off the change
Until it was too late
And cruelty found me
And has never let go.

Some people wander the desert
And some people sail the seas
But I was lost in a fog
For as long as I can remember.

Some questions
Don’t seem to have an answer
And some dreams
Can never come true
But it doesn’t keep me from dreaming
And it doesn’t keep me from asking.

There is more than enough love
In our hearts
To understand it all
Forgiving it all
So that we might live.

I love all my friends
Even the ones who crushed me
Because they have yet to know
And have yet to understand.

I ask
That we shall be together
And together we shall be
All because I prayed
And all because I asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment