Wednesday, July 16, 2014

476





476              7/16/2014
 
There are many ways to die
And there are many stories to tell
About how it could be
Or how it
Might have been.  

Looking inside
The view isn’t always pretty
Because even if
There is more than one solution
The truth is non-negotiable.

Winning is a dangerous thing
And treasures are just as bad
Because it is then
That we forget
Who, why, and how.

We rest and we soften
Then we relax and wonder
Full of ourselves
And false empathy.

We morally equate
And emotionally devolve
Thinking everything is chance
And everything is good. 

But all ethics are not equal
And some men
Thirst for murder
Succumbing to jealousy
And pure hatred. 

I have taken off the old man
And he is dead in the dust
Decomposed and wasted
Forgiven and forgotten.

I am renewed
And I am aware
More alive than ever
And strong enough
To say no
Without pain or equivocation.    

My dreams were not wasted
And now they are realized
In unexpected ways
In the love of children
I never knew I would have. 

Hardship and sacrifice
Will come
But now I see the hidden opportunities
On the other side. 

Let it sink in
Like the warmth of the sun
Closing your eyes
For just a moment. 

The silence passes
So will all of this
But we have lost nothing
And gained everything.  

No comments:

Post a Comment