Friday, April 27, 2012

Intermission

Intermission 4/27/2012


Some people are real
And some are pretenders
But that is no surprise
Because it hasn't changed a thing
And it doesn’t matter now. 

Today is just another
Long uncomfortable pause
And a resting between events
Just a boring a useless filler
In an otherwise wasted day.

Wise men
Don’t need an explanation
Because they have seen it before
And they know the reason why.

It helps to know
Who you are
And where you are
In the middle
Of a long painful ending
All smashed up
And upside down.

Liars are not going to change
And that is a good thing
Because time is running out
For them and for us.

Where I am
No one tells the truth
So I learned long ago
Not to bother to ask.

If there ever was a way
To get the whole story wrong
This is where it would end
And this is how
It would feel.

I do not have words to describe
The long waits of life
Struggling through the days
And biding your time.

These are the days
When you can barely stand the strain
When everything around you
Is horrible and wrong.

I am no worse
Than I ever was
And I have grown
From the inside out.

But even though I learn
Life gets harder and harder
And nothing ever changes
Unless it gets worse.

These are the times
When the tail leads the head
An upside down kingdom
Of the dumb and the dead.

The loud, unruly and threatening
Are appeased in every way
No matter who may suffer
Rejection and exclusion.

For what is truth?
To the shallow and the vain
Nothing but an abstract
To be manipulated for advantage
Or turned around for gain.

And what is honor to the greedy?
Nothing but an outdated code
Only required occasionally
When the opportunity arises.

Character is not important
And integrity a joke
When all that matters
Is how it looks
And how it feels.

Who will break the silence?
And who will take the risk?
To tell the truth
Even if its ugly
And even if it hurts.

Who can be passionate and brave
And fearlessly take a stand
Against the polotics of extinction
Without retreat or apology.

People are either convenient
Or inconvenient
But I am irregular
And unconventional.

But I don’t need to be cured
And I don’t need to be labled
Pigeon holed in some demographic
To be played like a record
Over and over again.

And I don’t need a t-shirt
To tell you how I feel
Because my words are my own
Loud and clear.

I shall write the words
And anyone can read them
However they want
True enough to make a point
And heavy enough
To shake the earth.

In the worst of times
There is a greater need
For the courageous
Who will take it willingly
In the heart
Or in the head.

Whether it’s the end or the beginning
Now is a time for men
A time to stand up
And never give an inch.
 
You can pull a dolls head off
But it doesn’t change a thing
Because I am what I am
And I will not change a thing.

You can tear it up
Or you can burn it down
But in the end
The truth is evident
One way or another.

If you look
You will see
And if you listen
You will know.

The this could be the greatest
Or it could be the worst
Because even greatest victory
Is only an inch from defeat.
 
It is up to you
And it is up to me
Right here and right now
To stare into our souls
And decide who we are.

















No comments:

Post a Comment