Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The homicide tour

The homicide tour

Not everything needs a reason
And not everything
Has to make sense
Because something’s
Are just more beautiful
Unplanned and unexplained.

Not everything is easy
And fear keeps you from living
Because even the careful must die
And even the reckless need love.

If I had to go backwards
Then I would do it all again
But maybe I relish every second
And stretch out every minute
Just to see the sun
And love a little more.

Everyone I knew moved away
And no one remains
Except an abandoned soul of concrete
And perfect curves.

I went back
But there was no recognition
And I walked into the water
But there was no ocean.

My brother Pushed me
Down the stairs
But I laid on my back
And laughed.

We tried to swing from a chandelier
But pulled it out of the ceiling
And we had to fix it all back
But the moment was worth it
Flying through the air.

There are something
That no one can measure
And there some people
That don’t care what you think
And who don’t need a cure.

And I took a chance
And jumped from a train
But for a second more
Just as dumb as dead.

But I am alive
For a reason I cannot know
Here but for a time
And not just for breathing

Just because we do not know
Is no reason to give up
And just because it cannot be proved
Is no reason to doubt

There is a time
And there is a place
For everyone and everything
Nothing without a purpose
And joy without risk or pain.

Now he is far away
But will never be forgotten
And I cry when I remember
All the days
And all the laughter.

We all have eyes
But some of us never see
How far we can fall
Because there are no guarantees

Life is best when truly lived
And love is best
When cherished every day
Not just once in awhile
But fully experienced
In every way.



Catacombs 2003 or 2004

Deep underneath the ruined divisions
Lost in the recesses of confused decisions
Disjointed thoughts like bits of glass
Jagged as the dreams of unremembered pasts.

Severed is the silver chord of life and death
Collectively these bones surrender up their breath
Hanging above our heads in suspension
The spirits released at life’s exhalation.

Simple stone galleries in the darkness gloom
Last hiding places of the martyred and the doomed
Unending is the darkness inside deadened hearts
Unending as the sleep
In deep dark vaults.

Waiting and waiting the days and the hours
Past the cycles of the seasons and showers
The timeless turning of the earth and the sky
Knowing the answer without asking why

The broken hearted beat a lonely path
Bitter is taste of untested wrath
Persecuted and naked in the night.
Inside a labyrinth of blinded sight.

Walking past those who came before
Their names unrecorded underneath the floor
My questions are no different than the others
Unanswered and unnoticed
By friends or brothers.

Woven into our hearts and minds
A predisposition for murder we find
Rage in our blood
And in our thoughts
For vengeance or for hatred.

Supressing the feeling as long as we can
Because forgiveness is an answer
That only a few can stand
As unsearchable as the thoughts of man
Just like smoke
Escaping from our hands.

I smash at the wall with my fists
Bloodied and bruised are my hands and wrists
Useless are these limbs of flesh and bone
Unmovable as this mystery hewn in stone.

Ancient thoughts of life and reason
Buried beneath the change of the seasons
Silent as the doubts in my mind I fought
Lost in the sea of unspoken thoughts

Nothing left for me to prove
Stuck again in an old stone groove
No use in pretending
That I am not lost
Beating up against myself
The horrible doubts
And inevitable cost.

Like a monster in disguise
In the mirror I find no surprise
Inside all teeth, fangs and rage
Hungry and thirsty.

How many times must I forgive?
How many times must I relive?
Unforgiven I wander through the graves
Chained to myself like a bonded slave.

Deep inside the rocks of fate
Consumed by useless revenge and hate
Silent are the scream of the dead
Forgotten as the Christians
To the lions once fed.

Darkness above and darkness below
Again into the labyrinth I go
No sky or constellations to guide where I roam
Earth as flesh and rocks as bone.

Outside of human recognition
Alien world of degradation
Alone beneath the teeming streets
Underground beneath the threshing feet.

The fire flashes in my brain
Synapses fire off in repeating frame
The answer lies hidden somewhere inside
Never finding where it lives and hides.

Silently I wait for the light of day
Silently I try to remember the way
Passages beneath the skin and bone
As tunnels under the streets in Rome.

No comments:

Post a Comment