Monday, July 25, 2011

Death Board Poets

Death Board Poets 7/25/2011

I wrote poems on my jacket
And I painted verses on the boards
Breaking them in half
And leaving them in the rain.

I spray painted my shirts
And I wore a velvet jacket
Swilling vodka and gin
Because nothing seemed to matter
And nothing ever hurt.

Moving forward upside down
Like a subway on a rail
Flowing upwards and down again
In one fluid motion.

We drank whiskey
And we laughed like wolves
Too young to truly know
But more fragile than immortal.

The sound is in my head
Like it was yesterday
But those days are gone
And can never come back.

I wrote on wood
And I painted on the walls
Anywhere and everything
Countless messages and codes.

Some are here
And some are gone
But we all remain
And we all abide.

There are some mysteries
That no one understands
Like why we are here
And not somewhere else.

To be born in a time and place
And live to see the dawn
While so many countless others
Are dead before they know.

To live and to know
To read and to learn
To feel the vibrations in your feet
And know what you can do.

I can feel it in my head
And I can feel it in every pore
That mysterious electrical charge
That makes me want to jump.

But for the greatest of odds
We are alive at all
That someone or anyone
Could read my words
And maybe somehow understand.

Eternity stretches out
And we are connected
By the thinnest of prayers
Here for just a second
And somewhere else forever.

There is more that what we see
And there is more than what we think
A larger truth
And a greater cause.

This time and place
Shall never come again
And these words that I type
Nothing but a single thread of inspiration.

I am alive
And I shall also smile
That even though more shall die
No curse can last forever.

All of you
Who are my brothers
Rejoice and soak in the sun
But always remember
That all glory is fleeting
But all friendships divine.

No comments:

Post a Comment