Monday, May 12, 2014

Double Zero



Double Zero 5/12/2014

A hand has come into my life
And torn everything apart
In the cruelest of ways
Painful and slow. 

I was fattened up
And slaughtered for fun
Left like an example
In the middle of the square.

Somehow I am here
But I am not the same at all
Damaged, empty, and ghostly
I walk and I speak. 

There are many ways to say it
But nothing can change the rub
Because here I am
Just as worthless as ever. 

I might be right
Or I might be wrong
But if you are the rejected
It will always feel the same.

A world has been shattered
And you must live with the pieces
Cutting yourself
Whether you want to or not. 

I can take it all with me
Or I can leave it behind
But no matter what I do
The damage is done. 

It’s as true now as ever
That we all need love
But some only have the need
To possess and have. 

Incapable of altruism
And cruelly manipulative
The never wander far
From the conventional or shallow.

This is their world
And we are just options
Just another door
Something to explore, exploit
And then discard. 

While we live in their world
It does not mean
That we must be of it
And that is why it hurts
And probably always will. 

So I do not ask
And I am not disappointed
But rather just bide my time
On my way to something else. 

All of this is done
And all of this is dying
As it spends itself out
In treachery and deceit. 

But the best part
Is yet to come
As we remember not
And smile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment