Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Ghost Story




Ghost Story 10/31/2012

How does it feel?
To listen to your breathing
Feeling the struggle
Over and over again.

And what do you think?
When you remember the past
All that you are
And all that you have done.

Does your throat constrict
And your chest tighten
When you consider tomorrow
And all that it means.

Did you think it was over
When I was bleeding out
Or was it after I was buried
Too deep to be found.

Deep down under the ground
Wrapped up in rug
Deep dark and wet
Cold and forgotten.

But you were not thinking of tomorrow
And how all the dead shall rise
To expose the secrets the guilty
And accuse the guilty.

Open up your eyes
And get out of bed
To see if you can see me
Before I slip into the shadows
And inside of your head.

If you look in the mirror
Then maybe you can see me
Just for an instant
A ghost in the reflection.

I have come
And I will live forever
Staring straight through
The windows of time.

The knife is in my back
But it no longer hurts
And my blood is on fire
Burning everything
I see.

Go ahead and lie
And go ahead and run
Because now I live forever
And drip vengeance from my lips.

I am stronger than I was
And I go wherever I want
Moving with my thoughts
Faster than light.

I live in a place
Like the dark side of the moon
In a land of ghosts
White and hungry.

We shall eat
And we shall destroy
Laughing and flying
Like comets in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment