Friday, September 26, 2014

Sleep Walker



Sleep Stalker 9/26/2014

Water before sun
And earth before man
Another day around
Before we meet again. 

The ice berg
Pokes out the water
And we walk as men
But there is much more to see
Below the waterline. 

We are more
Than what we appear to be
And all we see
Is just a glimpse
Of all we will be. 

In my dreams
I almost, make it back
And almost make it up
As I travel backwards,
And forwards
Through space and time.

There is so much unfinished
And there is so much unreconciled
Yet life goes on 
In love and loss. 

I try to forget
But yet, I still remember
And no matter where I go
In my sleep, I return. 

I see people
That I used to know
And it is, as if
They are really there.

But then I wake up
And I come back
Across a distance
Insurmountable and frozen.

The gulf
Is deep and treacherous
But how many times
Did I
Not even try? 

What was true then
Is true now
And what was a lie
Will always be wrong.

The fire is started
And it cannot be put out
No matter what is said or done
The truth remains
Brighter than the sun. 

The door inside
Has been opened
And it cannot be shut
So I can only leave it open
To burn through. 

I hope these words
Find their home
And I hope that
All the others
Are happy and well.

May love shrink the distance
Between you and yours
And so also with me
Returning us all
As we were always
Meant to be. 



No comments:

Post a Comment