Monday, January 13, 2014

Here I am



Ready or Not  1/13/2014

I watched myself
Go down the drain
The dirt and the blood
Swirling in the water
Faster and faster
And then out of sight.

It was as if
I had never looked before
As I stared at the ghost
Staring back at me.

A person apart from others
Without a family,
A friend,
Or even a home.

Starting over
As I had started before
Scared, naked, and crying
Pale, red, and sore.

Everything gone
And everything ahead
With nothing to lose
And everything to gain. 

But this time
There is no mother
And this time
There is no father
As I learn to walk again
Leaning on God.

Life progresses
Slowly and beneath the surface
And the greatest victories
Are frequently unseen
And unappreciated.

But we do not live
Just for ourselves
But for those both known
And unknown
That we may never meet.

The children we raise
Who never had a choice
And those all around us
Transiting in and out of view.

Every day is new
And the slate is clean
Yes even when we lose
And double over in pain. 

We are never more worthy
And we are never more powerful
Than when we do what is right
And suffer for who we are.

We cannot rise
Until we understand
That all of this is false
And all of this is a lie. 

We are free
And nothing can stop us
But only if we realize
That there is nothing to fear. 


No comments:

Post a Comment