Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Deadbolt

Deadbolt 5/21/2013

You just never know
Until it’s over
And no one can see it all
Until they look backwards
With cold and deadly eyes.

A cruel world is without a conscience
And nothing is ever
As simple as it seems
Because one thing leads to another
And all of it
Is a horror.

Blazing rocks fall from heaven
And a lightning bolt
Pierces the night
Thundering down the street
Mindless and dead.

But even if I, cannot know
I can look
And I can see
Tracing with my fingers
To see where it leads.

Even deceitful men
Have to die
And even the mighty
Will choke and grovel.

Because God is greater than man
And he knows
What we do
And what we wish.

My eyes have been opened
And my heart has been stretched
Bringing me low
In order, to lift me up.

The innocent will be protected
And lifted out
By a silver cord
Brought home to the arms of God
To live forever.

The truth is the truth
No matter what we think or say
And even this shall pass away
Once the heavy hand falls.

The challenge remains
To do what is right
No matter what
And no matter when.

For in the end
They can punish if they want
Laughing while they can
Taking all their glory
Straight into the black.




No comments:

Post a Comment