Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Matchstick

The matchstick 2/21/2013

Words come
From the other side
Flowing though space
Invisible and beautiful.

Coming from a consciousness
That I cannot define
Something that cannot be captured
Controlled or designed.

Inspired from within
But gifted from without
A fire once kindled
That can never be put out.

I think through the connections
Hard wired in my brain
Occupied by a soul
As a transducer through time.

The spirit is strong
And it comes like a wave
Obliterating everything in front
And leaving greater wisdom behind.

It never gives up
And it can never die
Coming from a place
No man can see.

We didn't create the gift
But it is something to enjoy
A greater thing
I will never see
And a more powerful force
I'll never find.

I looked and I searched
And I pursued a like minded soul
But God knew what I needed
More than I'll ever know.

An unexpected blessing
Can always make us smile
But nothing is better
Than to lose
And take it all.

I have stretched myself out
And found how big I am
larger than what I was
From the inside out.

The words flow through
And always inspire more
The wisdom from the ages
Just as true as before.

It is not mine
And it is not yours
A gift we cannot own
Or keep in our hearts.

It shall never be defeated
And it shall rise up
And fight
Again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment