Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Black Sum

The Black Sun



A black sun


Burns with implosion


Circling inwards


Invisible and deadly.





A power we do not know


A cold reaction


Collapsing through a hole


Exploding outwards


Into another place.





We live in four dimensions


But can control only three


Time and everything after


On the other side of dreams.





There are things we have done


And things we have dreamed


But there are is more than what we see


And much more than what we believe.





There is a doorway


Inside our minds


But only for those who know


And truly believe


Will ever enter and know.





If we could live life over


In a perfect world


How different would it be


Maybe a little less painful


And a lot less selfish.





How many have lived?


And never known themselves


Shaping their lives to fit


And disappearing into another.





Parrotting what others prefer


And learning all their games


Never knowing or questioning


Or searching for the truth.





Giving up and giving in


Just to have a wasted peace


Saving others from themselves


And surrendering their souls.





Inch by inch


We have become someone else


Until we become like a frog in hot water


Cooked, dumb and dead.





A strange and sad example


For the Petri dish of tomorrow


Examined, tested and labeled


Obsolete and forgotten.





A circumstance of personality


Is what follows us around
And never for a moment are we free


Chasing after someone else’s dreams


Like a rat in a maze.





My dreams are imperfect


And my mind has seen too much


But I did not learn it all through thinking


But through the test


Like acid in my eye.





Pain and pleasure have guided my movements


But I do not live by food alone


Straightening myself to find the truth


No matter how many leads run dry.





They can have my blood


And they can test my senses


But I have a life


That they don’t know.





A soul lives both inside and out


And the spirit flies independent


Falling like fire from heaven


And surging through my veins.





In a different time and place


I will be both real and genuine


The first and most authentic


The man I was meant to be.








No comments:

Post a Comment