Friday, August 26, 2011



American Punk 11/16/2009



A place far away from here


So far away


That It’s something you write down


Before it slips away


Like so many days before.



You wouldn’t think of it now


That I had green hair and torn up jeans


And that nothing ever hurt


If you stayed wasted all the time.



It was before I built the walls


And it was before they all fell down


Back when I could be cool and perfect


Double fisted drinks


And a cigarette on my lips.



A sneer on my face


That was how you should look


Destroying everything


Myself, property, and others.



A danger to the world


And a danger to myself


Such was the weeks and months


Of several missing years.



I didn’t go to class


Because I didn’t see the point


And I didn’t scare


Because I never cared.



It was then that it started


And I never stopped to wonder


Moving forward fast as I could


Without ever bothering to steer.



If I could take out a memory


And hold it in my hand


Would it be from then


Before everything fell apart


And washed all the blood away.



It did hurt


But that was how I liked it


Betting all my tomorrows


For a drink and a ride.



One dropped here and another there


Lives cut short still green and fresh


While others lived on lucky


Or was it the dead that were lucky.



Only one minute to late or one minute too early


Their lives seem frozen in time


Missing the changes, dates, times, and people


For some kind of reason I live while they are dead


By chance or a drug


The hungry demons are fed.



We smashed the bottles


And all the rooms were trashed


Tearing through life looking for something


The something that we already had.



I look back in some kind of wonder


And I remember through a thick gray fog


That I could ever be so young


And stupid while living.



For me life kept going


But the names and faces changed


Changing to many times


As I try and remember


Each and everyone.



How many are alive


And how many are dead


Running backwards in my mind


The colors seem muted


And the voices seem far away.



So much has passed


But do they dead even miss it


Do they laugh at the waste


Or is it eternal regret.



Time goes on


Yes for you and for me


Tumbling forward like it or not


To uncertain ends



I used to think I had forever


And I used to have an answer


To every kind of question


But now I just ask them


And learn how to listen.



The world is full


Of very clever people


Clamoring for this and climbing for that


Now I just look at them


And remember how to sneer.




Dead to rights 8/26/2011



You can make money


And you can spend it away


And you can get up early


Just to take what you want.



You can lie


And you can steal


Drawing out the blood of others


Just for amusement


Or just for gain.



Swindle your way in


And swindle your way out


Gain their confidence


Anyway you can


Just to learn


And just to steal.



But there are some things


That no man should do


But it’s not that you can’t


It’s just that if you do


Something awful will happen


And you will surely die.



For what is treasure


Without honor


And what is love


Without truth.



There are other ways to live


And I have made my choice


To remain standing


No matter what


And no matter where.



If you open the door


Someone may come through


And if you get it right


The whole world will know.



There are secrets


Hidden in plain sight


Bigger than anything we can guess


And darker than we can imagine.



There are places


That we cannot go


And there are rules


No one can break.



Some men have dreams


And some men see tomorrow


But I live through them all


In a deep black collider.



Deep under our feet


There are fires burning


And no one can put them out


Forever smoldering


And burning black dust.



There is fear in the earth


And there is death under the rocks


A sure and sudden terror


Meeting us half way home.



But there is nothing to fear


Even if we die


Because for those who know the truth


The end is just the beginning


The way it should have been.



I have read the words


And I have seen the messages


But I held back my hands


Because I was waiting.



But something has changed


And nothing can change it around


Flesh has become iron


And my heart filled with light.



I am here


But I do not come


In my own name


But in the name of the one


That you have mocked.



I asked him to come


And dwell in my heart


To give me life


And give me hope.



But you have come


In your own pride


And in your own name


A shallow


And self confident fool.



You have accused me


And you have lied


Mocking my faith


With the number of hell.



But you have done more


Than wound a man


And steal his life


For you have provoked


The spirit in my heart.



I face you now


In the name of the Lord


And I will not be turned


And I will not be defeated.



You can’t kill a ghost


And you can’t stop a spirit


Because they are not of your world


Ten times better


And ten times stronger.



I laugh at the liar


Because he doesn’t have a chance


A small ugly man


So full of himself


And without a conscience.



I have faced bigger giants


And killed them where they stood


And I am not afraid of lies


Because your murder cannot hurt me


And your hatred cannot kill.



I have seen greater horrors


And I have faced heavy loss


Crushed down into the ground


And yet I am still standing.



You can run


Because that is what you do


But it won’t matter how fast


And it won’t matter where.



I am closer than I was


And it won’t be long now


Because I can taste the blood


And I can hear your steps.



I am coming for you


And let there be no doubt


That I know where to go


And I know how it ends.



God did not leave any doubt


And he knows what you have done


As I rise there will be justice


The kind that no man has seen.



In a single fluid movement


I rise with the dead


And we ride on the wind


Beating our wings


And digging deep.



The heat of the midnight sun


I can feel on my neck


And I can feel the rush of air


Against my face.



I am iron


But I fly fast and hard


Climbing higher and higher


Just to crash through the house.



I shall rip, tear, smash and crush


Everything that is you


But leaving the rest untouched


Just to let them know


Who and why.



There is no escape from the hurt


And there is no mercy for the damned


Nothing but eternal terror


Day after day


And night after night.



He who is in me


Is stronger than the world


And he can never die


Because he is life


And he is just.



He will crush the mighty


And he will destroy the liars


Washing them away forever


Until there is nothing left


Nameless and forgotten.



Good friends will be together


And they will smile in the glory


Reunited at last


And happy.



But you will be gone


And no memory shall remain


Just the same as I said


And just the same as I knew.



Your day is coming


And nothing shall save you


Not a shameless lie


Or any excuse.



I rise as I write


And I have seen the enemies fear


Because he knows the time is coming


And his end is near.






No comments:

Post a Comment