Thursday, September 1, 2011

Death Bomb Poets

Death Bomb Poets



Part one 9/1/2011



Many are those


Who sleep in the dust


And many are those


With their heads in the sand.



But I was born to live


And from that I have learned


Not always easily


And not without pain.



A runaway rebel


In a land of tall shadows


Burning like a prairie fire


Driven by the wind.



A hot dry vacuum


Has left me all alone


And I am burnt and dried out


Still walking forward


Each step painful.



The birds circle


But it is not time to die


Because I have promises to keep


And many debts to pay.



Others have put off the future


Just like me


But they always found an escape


Like translucent golden canopies


That fall from the sky.



Their hardships are gentle


So their thoughts stay shallow


Without any idea


What it means to suffer


Or to want.



I still stand


And I still walk


But my hat is off


Humbled and sad.



But even pain


Can lead to good


And even horror


Can bloom into hope.



What was meant to destroy


Can even make you stronger


Killing off your pride


And leaving you


Wiser and more complete.



There are those who know


But who remain silent


And there are those who plot



There are others who suffer


For all men suffer


And all men weep


But for the grace of God


None would ever live.



I belong to this time


And I speak in riddles


That I do not understand


Bigger than me.



It is ok


To not always know the answer


And it is ok


To not know why.



Our lives meet at a confluence


And interchange with synchronicity


With each and every action


Multiplying outwards


A thousand times a thousand.



I am part of something bigger


Something bigger than myself


And my half forgotten dreams


Have been inspired by the spirit


Undeserved and unannounced.



Inside of me


And inside of others


A torch in our heart


Burning brighter


Than the sun.



Awful things may happen


When they are least expected


But so also is the good


Even though we may not notice


Or even understand.



It is these tiny diamonds


And small gems I write


To find them


And grow them


Larger than myself.



What better dreams


For a poet


And a time


Uncertain but hopeful


Fearful and courageous.



So I’ll search for words


To express these longings


And find inspiration


For those I’ll never know.


No comments:

Post a Comment