Monday, October 26, 2015

The Dungeon



Ghosts in a Tower                                   10/26/2015

An accident can be scripted
But the truth
Will happen anyway
Upending all our plans
Halfway home.

I lost almost everything
But now I live in a castle
Restored back from memory
Ten times a thousand. 

The world has turned over
And all that was forgotten
Surges to mind
From the earliest sensations
Sharp enough to touch.

It has all come back
And now I am home
In seven and in fifty
All of us picked up
And all of us return.

It took 40 trips
To make the journey
Back and forth
Inside a loop
The future and the past.

Stone, iron, brick and wood
Cold on my feet
In front of the fire
Smooth or pitted
Rough and chiseled.

I drank the sherry
And poked at the fire
The first of many
Offered up
In smoke and prayer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment