Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Castle and Keep



Castle and Keep                                                               10/6/2015


I didn’t want to leave
But, I had no other answer
Out of money
And out of options.

I went from room to room
And picked up the remains
Lifeless, empty,
Numb, and cold. 

The laughter was gone
And I could hear no echoes
The walls silent
And the cupboards bare. 

The stairs still creaked
And the trees still swayed
Gently brushing the roof
And covered with vines.

I tried hard not to think
And I tried not to hope
Staring at a future
Gray, dull, and indistinct.  

I sold my mother’s diamonds
And I sold a whole lot else
Numbing myself to everything
And everyone. 

But sometimes we must lose
In order to gain
And sometimes we must sacrifice
In order to grow.

Dying to self
In order to live 
And letting go 
In order to keep.


Moving under the surface
And slowly growing in place
Even if we are wounded
And even if we lose.

 
Everything is coming back
Slowly but surely 
One after another 
Bigger, greater
And richer. 
 
What I lost, is nothing
But what I have gained, is everything
Priceless, and authentic
The truth remains
Above all.

This king has no crown
But my castle is ready
Because in nothing
We are everything. 

It is here that I shall write
And it is here that I shall dream
A refuge from hatred
And a fortress of peace.

Steep and stout
Strong and mighty
A shield for my treasure
And armor for my heart.

We will put logs on the fire
And laugh heartily once more
Blessing all who enter
And all who go forth.

Let these words
Ring in the rafters
And let these prayers
Soak into the walls.  

That nothing is impossible
With faith, hope, and love
And nothing hopeless
With humility and prayer. 

Humble, noble, and honorable
Rock, stone, and timber
A miracle from loss
That no man can own. 









No comments:

Post a Comment