Friday, October 23, 2015

Pins and Needles



Needle                                                       10/23/2015

When I was young
I did not know
But by the time I knew
I no longer cared.

Beating myself up
And burrowed within
I hid all my treasures
Deep in the dark. 

There is no way out
Except for through
And there is no other solution
But endurance
And absolution. 

I tried with all my heart
But it was not enough
Dumped in a ditch
For nothing at all. 

I searched everywhere I could think
And frantically dug through the hay
Searching for a magic needle
That never existed at all. 

It took a long time to know
And it took a long time to learn
That love can only grow
Without expectations.

God loved me enough
To find me
Where I was
Wasted empty and dumb.

Plucking me out
And plopping me down
Burned in a fire 
Just to teach
And admonish.

It was there that I learned
And it was there that I died
Dying to myself
In a thousand different ways. 

Therein lies a truth
That many never know
That miracles happen every day
But some of them
Can only be seen backwards

Peeled back in layers
As we learn, grow, and discover
The hidden blessings in everything
And everywhere. 



No comments:

Post a Comment