Friday, October 2, 2015

Choose



Choose                    10/2/2015

Of all the things to hear
And of all the things to say
Strange, alien,
Painful and sharp.

But some things
Don’t need an answer
So let me bleed in silence
And let it all sink in. 

There are some questions
That I wish I could ask
Even if, there is no answer
And even if,
I never know.

Where were you
When I was suffering?
And where were you
When I was alone? 

Abandoned, rejected
Forgotten, and ignored
Discarded like a tissue
Without a thought
Or feeling.   

Where were you
When I prayed?
And where were you
And when I cried out?

Did you ever even consider
How unnecessary it was?
Cutting, cruel,
Shallow, and low.

Whatever you want
And whatever you say
Because we all 
Must live with it
Forever.

And eternity is a long time
To marinate in hell
The kind we make for ourselves
Over nothing at all.  

Where were you
When I was haunted?
And where were you
When I was drowning?

Sinking ever deeper 
Until I no longer cared?
Naked on the couch
Unable to go on
And shaking with chills.

I could not forget
Even though I tried
Cut in half by small talk
Like I never existed at all.

It will not make a difference
But I will write it anyway
That it was worse than you can imagine
And I will never be the same.

I had to swallow it down
And I had to learn how to cope
Deliberately crawling back up
Inch by inch
And hand over hand. 

It has taken forever
And there is still far to climb
On my way back 
To some kind of normal
Mediocre and mild. 

But it isn't any different
Than what I said before
That the end cannot come
Until all of us choose.

I chose
And now I choose
For everything that was
And all that I ask.




No comments:

Post a Comment