Thursday, February 26, 2015

The Valley



The Valley 2/26/2014

One day before Friday
And fifty years down a rabbit hole
Where down is up
And up is down.  

A bizarre universe
Has penetrated the present
Producing a surreal reality
Of deafening denial.

My thoughts drift
As I waste my time
Trying hard to escape
The weight of time. 

I think of laughter
And a silver slipper
Cool sheets
And spilled champagne.

Dizzily I stand
And look down the hall
Alone in an empty building
On a frozen afternoon. 

If everything is lost
Then I wonder why I am here
Still going through the motions
Unaware and dumb. 

Right is left
And left is right
As darkness covers the sun

I want to save
And be saved
Drowning in her arms
For just one more night. 

Far away and far above
This endless farce
As I spiral down another lead
Upside down
And pointless.

But I was never more alive
Than when I told the truth
Standing straight
Even in loss
And even in defeat.  

But I am torn
And I am tired
As strong as I am weak
Double minded
And doubled over.

I have returned
To the valley
But it is not the same
Gone almost before it was
And frozen in time. 

The people are soulless
And evil multiplies
Like bacteria
Everywhere we look
And everywhere we die. 



No comments:

Post a Comment