Thursday, August 7, 2014

Diving Grade



Diving Grade 8/7/2014

I draw my wings inwards
And head into a dive
At the steepest possible angle
Faster and faster.

Through the window
And down  the hall
Grabbing at the covers
And grabbing at the head.

Pulling and twisting with all my strength
I flash my teeth
And burn with vengeance
Because this is what they have wrought
And this is what, they will gain. 

There are other things
That no one knows
And there are others ways
To do what you want.

The probabilities add up
And different worlds burst through
As the skies open up
To the old
And the new. 

We do not know it all
But we are closer than we were
Close enough to grasp
How anything can happen. 

But our hearts
Have grown cold
And evil takes control
Dragging us far
From where we were
And where we should have been. 

The windows rattle
And dark shadows move
Casting ghostly images
All across the room.

Others are watching
But so am I
Without even trying
I can guess and know. 

Sleep if you can
With your eyes wide open
Because I am turning around
To return
Again and again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment