Friday, December 14, 2012

Dangerous Girls




Dangerous Girls 12/14/2012

I should have seen it coming
And I should have never tried
Because what man can love a ghost
And ever live at all.

I should have run away
Instead of asking for more
But what can man ever do
When he thinks
He is in love.

I didn’t know then
What I know now
But I thought I knew it all
The first time
We met.

I could see forever
In her eyes
Serene but spirited
And full of eternity.

But her mouth was full of razors
That cut both ways
Full of wit and candor
That cut me in half.

I should have known
Not to play with fire
But like a child
The flame always fascinates
And draws me in.

I did not look back
And I did not question
Pursuing her with a passion
That has never faded.

I got what I wanted
But I got a lot more than that
More than I ever could appreciate
And more than I deserved.

I was burned by the sun
And brought down with lies
Dragged around by my feet
For everyone to see
Naked in the street.

I had to pay a price
And for me that was enough
But nobody gets away free
And it’s always more than you think.

She said that I was poison
And then she left me alone
Trying to wrap my arms
Around a memory.

Life happens to everyone
And it also happened to me
Because comfort is more important
Than love
And escape more important
Than obligation.

Every drop is precious
But that is all it takes
As the poison enters the bloodstream
And paralyzes our brain.

I would have done anything
To keep what I had
But losing it all
Was the best thing
For my soul.

I am in her
And she is in me
And nothing can erase
What is true
And what is right.

I will have all I want
And then it will be enough
Far away from here and now
In a new place and time.


No comments:

Post a Comment