Thursday, November 15, 2012

Voices




Voices 11/15/2012

I listened to your voice mail
For two years
Until my old phone died
And it was gone.

Soft and soothing
Sweet and sincere
A memory from far away
And long ago.

I was at the bar
Trying to drink away the pain
When I missed your call
And never heard the ring.

You said you loved me
And it was all I had
After you were gone
And all was lost.

Slit me open
To see how I died
But it is an old wound
That did all the damage

It never stopped bleeding
And sapping my strength
Just as deadly in the end
As it was then.

Something had a hold on me
And I did not know
Or understand
How exactly I should live
And how I should act.

I always loved you
And that will never change
Even though it is wasted
Like water on a rock.

It took me a long time
To get to this place
Where I could be at peace
And feel the difference
Between need, love,
Desires, and pride.

Now I see
Because my eyes are opened
And I will never be the same
As I was then.

I wish so much
That you could see me now
Because I would love you
Ten times better
And never let go.

But soon
Our spirits will fly
Free of gravity
And free of time.

Soaring to great heights
Like eagles
And falling together
With locked talons.




No comments:

Post a Comment