Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Slogging




Slogging 11/27/2012

If I could leave today
Where would I go
And I there ever was a reason
I have already forgotten.

It sure isn’t easy
Walking uphill
With your guts falling out
And your head in your hands.

It kind of makes you think
And makes you second guess
About what matters
And what it is worth.

I am lost
In between lost generations
Drifting in the sea
Rudderless and

I hardly feel a thing
And I can hardly remember when
Back when I felt
And was sure that I knew.

Everything that I loved
Has unwound
Like a ball of yarn
Leaving me tangled
And tied up in knots.

There is no escape
Without pain
And there is no growth
Without loss.

I didn’t think
I was going to make it
And I didn’t think
I would survive.

As one thing became another
And all the walls came down
Leaving me with nothing
And nowhere to go.

But how could we stand
If we knew the future
And who could ever survive
The heartache
And the agony.

For I did not know
What it would feel like
To give away my life
And follow.

The whirlwind has come
And I have reaped a harvest of blood
More bitter than I could stand
And harder than I imagined.

But even though I was buried
And even though I thought I might die
You were there
Every step of the way.

Giving me strength
And giving me hope
Restoring all I lost
And so much more.

Step by step
And day by day
Closer to you
And closer to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment