Thursday, September 8, 2011

911 a poem

Nine One One: A poem on the tenth anniversary of the 9/11/01 terrorist attacks





The streets still buzz with laughter



And the crowds walk by asleep



While the world drones on in slumber



On their way to someplace else.







But for me



I do not want to walk



Because the streets



Are filled with memory



And horror.







A smoking mass of death



Of twisted steel and glass



Concrete and dust



Smoke and fire







Steel canyons and concrete mountains



Surround the souls between



As we stare out glass windows



Down at the world below.







The truth still is



Just as we always knew



That part in the back of your mind



That we are taught



Not to trust.







God doesn’t force himself
On the living or the dead



And I rest in his wisdom



For it is he who will be the judge



Between my enemies and me.







There are those



Versed in murder



And how they love



To twist the facts.







Nothing to low



Or two ghastly



To achieve their desires



Nothing but to subjugate



Coerce, convert or murder.







In the name of peace



Many have died in vain



And in the name of kindness



The fatherless will cry.







How can you fight an enemy



If you can’t even say his name



And how can you save freedom?



When it dies



From the inside out.







The enemy is complacency



And only the vigilant will survive



Our ideals worth more than tolerance



And our children worth more than lies.







Hateful men love to injure



And their favorite weapon is guilt



But let God find the truly guilty



And wipe them away.







Heroes don’t need to hide



And martyrs don’t wear a mask



For the just do not cut throats



And the good never run.







They pray for destruction



And they minds are full of hatred



We must know it and speak it



And make no apologies.







I am not ashamed



For who I am



And I won’t apologize



For where I am from.







I am not guilty



For the crimes of any other



And this I know for sure



I don’t owe anyone



Anything.







A giant has started to awake



Because he has been sleeping



Soon he will stand



And the whole world will shake.







You can go and tell the reverend



That his chickens will soon come home



To perch on his own head



A crude and hateful man.







Small men with smaller minds



They have not spoken to God



But only to a demon



Inside of themselves.






They like to make speeches



And listen to themselves



And they love to yell and scream



In their own foolish vanity.







They have denied the true Lord



In words and in their hearts



Seeking instead the prophet of doom



And the glory of murder.







A slow moving invasion



Threatens the future



But wise is the man who understands



That now is the time to fight



Before ignorance overcomes



En masse.







A man murders not women



And a man marries not a child



God does not require murder



To make anyone believe.







I have seen the hatred



And it is not our fault



That is the biggest lie of all



The one they tell over and over



The one they wish was true.







Evil men lust for power



And care not for the future



For many have been condemned



By the purchase of votes.







Behold a Trojan horse



Is sitting inside our homes



And those within



Have unlocked the gates



For the enemy to slit our throats.







I am not afraid to die



But I feel much more than that



Because I intend to do much better



Than just sit around and wait



But ready to defend



And willing to kill.







Come and kick in my door



And find out what will happen



Because I have seen



And I know how it ends.



No comments:

Post a Comment