Friday, September 2, 2011

Stepping Stones a poem

Stepping stones 9/2/2011



Beneath our feet


The past lies buried


Covered up by time


The hopes and the dreams


Lay where they fell


Frozen forever


And hardened into the past.



A sudden storm can uncover


The secrets of the past


Or maybe a shovel


Will strike and find


The ancient and the lost.



Deep in our minds


We have buried ourselves


Until we do not know


Who we are


Or what we believe.



Things do not happen


In the blink of an eye


And climbing up


Is a lot harder


Than falling down


Or giving up.



I have heard many things


And I have learned a few


But there are some things


That defy everything


And lay in the open


Bleeding and sore.



Some people


Are better at pretending


And I wonder about what they think


But I can’t see what good it would do


For me to be something else


Than what I am.



With time


We are supposed to grow wiser


But it doesn’t do much good


If we don’t make changes


And live in the truth.



Not every question


Has an answer


And not everything we see


Is half of what it seems.



Because I have learned


That even the fat


Can be hungry


And even the laughing


Can cry.



Walking down


Past the ages


I end up walking


Deeper into my soul


Passing the stages of life


Into the part


I barely remember.



A collective soul


And a intermingled past


Both ancient and forgotten


Into the soup from which we came.



Stone walls


Cut out of the bedrock


And hollowed from the inside out


The bony framework


That houses our soul.



It is here that I find it


The deepest part of man


And I light the torch


Inside of my heart


To find my way home.



I have learned to walk alone


But that is not


What we were meant to be


But all connected by God


So we could light


Each others way.



I have been searching here


In the ancient places


Trying to find the secret


So that I could know


And understand.



I have asked for the words


And God has freely given


But not just for me


And not just for now.



But for something greater


A mission and a purpose


Bigger than power and position


And more important than


How it appears.



God brings words to my mind


And God brings people together


No matter how accidental


Perfectly thought and perfectly planned.



He wanted me to write this


And he wanted me to understand


That it is all for a reason


That we’ll see in the end.



Words can be riddles


And words can inspire the soul


Igniting brilliant fires


That no man can put out.



Everything is here


And everything is known


Everything understood


And everything forgiven.



I am learning


And I am growing


Back to the person I really am


But never knew.



There are others as well


For we all seek to understand


Growing from the inside out


Into something greater


And more profound.



Another year has passed


And still I hold love dear


No matter what is lost


I grow greater inside.



I do not know the future


But I can learn from the past


Holding on to what’s important


And letting go of mistakes.



No matter what hardship comes


I will never give in


More determined than ever


To finish what was started.



Our lives meet at a confluence


And interchange with synchronicity


With each and every action


Multiplying outwards


A thousand times a thousand.



Tomorrow is clouded in mystery


But my heart remains the same


No matter the calm or the storm


Eternity remains.




No comments:

Post a Comment