Friday, August 7, 2015

Deviation

Deviation    8/7/2015



Compare and contrast
Drill down and examine
All of your hopes and dreams
That don’t mean a thing. 

I am a pin point
On the dark side of the moon
Passing through the eye
On my way to somewhere else.

All that I was, is gone
But I did not lose even half
Of what I thought I had
Swirling down into a tunnel
Heavy, dark and ovoid.  

Truth erupts outwards
On the other side 
Obvious and unmistakable
But only for those
Who are willing
And unafraid. 

We are all guilty
But only for what we do
Named by God
To be who we are. 

On the other side
I am larger than I was
Shaking the earth
With every step. 

Defiant in a sea of conformity
Straining against the current
In a mass of dead fish
Floating on the surface
With sunken eyes.

If only we knew
That the world cannot hold us
Far more free than we know
Or ever even dreamed. 

We could do it today
But instead we keep our heads down
Timid, insecure,
Impotent and lethargic.

Breaking every bondage
In the blink of an eye
If we ran with the spirit
Coursing in our veins.

But we are too afraid to lose
What we can never keep
Cowed into submission
By the deluded
And the blind.

Beauty is everywhere
And yes we are loved
Just as much now
As we were then. 

My heart burns
And I fly with abandon
Higher than I ever thought
Jubilant, fearless,
And immortal.  

No comments:

Post a Comment