Thursday, August 20, 2015

Impotent me



Naked Impotence   8/20/2015

Just like sitting in the park
With a hole in your head
Tied up like a loose end 
Useless and expendable. 

But isn’t that all of us
The people inside the skin
Place holders and tools
Sitting in a row. 

Pulled out when necessary
And used until its time
Recycled into worm food
Or stripped for money. 

I live
But I am broken
Dead in the head
And cut off at the knees.

Withdrawn inside myself
Shriveled and impotent
Wasted along the way
By foolishness and pride. 

I thought I was immortal
And I lived for what I wanted
Pushing my luck
On borrowed grace. 

Stretching out my neck
At the worst possible time
Cut off and cut away
Headless, and limp.

I look at myself
And I look at my head
Still shocked I am alive
Without knowing how
Or knowing why. 

How long can I crawl?
And how long can I breathe?
Crawling along a razor
Covered in salt. 

A weight to my companions
And toothless to my wife
Nothing but a mouth
Dripping with blood. 

De clawed, devalued
Neutered, and limp
A donkey with a pack
Useful but Slow,
Boring and tired.   

Doubled over
And doubled down
Gut shot
From both sides
Hemorrhaging and mute. 

Unwilling and unable
Used up and wasted
Crumpled in a puddle
Face down.

No comments:

Post a Comment