Friday, May 29, 2015

Silent Victory



Silent Victory    5/29/2015

I turned on Martins Farm
Near Suwanee Dam road
Hung a left Kings Street
Tracing my way 
To see where it went.   

I memorized the directions
Straight passed the gatehouse
Making only one more left
And I was there.

When I was happy
I could not hurt a fly
And when I was content
Anything could be forgiven.

But some men have demons
And some men
Have no soul
Long ago consumed by hatred
No matter how much they stole.

Jealous and insecure
They must win every time
Desperately seeking 
Another way to prove it
Every chance they get. 

Tonight my house is full of life
But I know, what it’s like
To be all alone
In a house of countless memories
Silent and deafening. 

Tonight there will be ghosts
In the mansion
Cursing in his ears
And crying out names
No one has ever heard.

Evil grows in darkness
And rot metastases with betrayal
Spreading through the blood stream
Like poisonous venom.  

Driving away
It didn’t hurt at all
A smile creeping across my face
A silent and beautiful victory
Unknown and unseen. 

No one may ever know
And no one may ever see
But the greatest struggles
Have often been fought
And won in silence.

Others can tilt at windmills
And others can poke at the wind
Punching at a wisp of smoke
Curling between their fingers.

I am free
Even with less
And I became, more than a victor
The day I learned
To master my emotions. 


Open your eyes
Because tomorrow the fight goes on
Each and every day
From the inside out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment