Friday, January 9, 2015

Whirlpool

Whirlpool  1/9/2015



For a moment I had it
An incredible moment of recognition
And understanding
Flashing through my brain
As I lay half asleep. 

But when I awoke it was gone
And all I have is a vague impression
As I strive to recreate
What I can almost remember.   

But isn’t that all of us
And isn’t that mankind
That we once had it all
But lost it
Along the way. 

We get tired and we forget
Taking for granted
All that it took
To get where we are.

Second guessing the obvious
Until we believe lies
Seeking comfort rather than truth
And convenience over integrity. 

If you want it all
You have to ask
And if you seek to live
Then you must remember. 

I have returned
And now the peace
Has entered my heart
Bigger than the world around me
Circling faster and faster
Down the drain.

We are in a whirlpool
And this also shall pass
Collapsing on itself
Salty and dry.

Some of us will return
And then we will know
Recreating ourselves forever
Just like we were. 

No comments:

Post a Comment