Friday, January 2, 2015

Bondage

Bondage  1/2/2015



I am a receiver
That broadcasts a mind
Nothing but an outward manifestation
Of what I really am. 

The days come and go
And we measure them against the sky
Journeying through space
In a three dimensional projection.

Follow me over
And we will come back around
Tripping over ourselves
Where we already were.

Nothing has changed
Except the charade
As everyone does
Just like we always knew
They would.

Life unravels
And we wear out
As we jostle
And grind against each other
Unconscious and dumb.

This sack of flesh
Is tired and worn
But inside I burn
At ten thousand times ten thousand.

I am driven on
By something within
That quiet and whispered memory
Tugging at my heart.

I am not rolling over
Because what good would it do
Just a waste of life
Spinning in a circle.  

Every day
And everywhere
There is cruelty and neglect
So horrendous that we are speechless
Open mouthed and mute.

Starving in a land of plenty
And beaten in a land of tolerance
As we watch the grand experiment
Slump over the wheel.

But we can love
With all our might
Devoting all that we have
And all that we are. 

We die every day
But we only live once
So we should lose it well
And spend it all. 



No comments:

Post a Comment