Friday, March 1, 2013

Sideswipe


Sideswipe 3/1/2013

Sometimes I need push
And sometimes I need a shove
Just something to wake me up
And remind me
What to do.

Kind of like a close call
Driving down a lonely road
When you almost hit the ditch
And almost lose control.

We take our life
One bite at a time
And if we are lucky
We get to eat it all.

Life is full of chances
And the odds of luck
Are hard to define
Because no one knows the future
Until its already here.

I search for words
But never know
What I should say
Until I give up
And they come
Like machine gun fire.

The end of the world
Happens every day
Ever since it started
And ever since
We were born.

We try and understand
But time is a mystery to me
Stretching out to infinity
Whether I live or die.

We will be dead
Longer than we are alive
But nobody plans for eternity
Until it is too late.

We take our chances
With people and things
But it’s all about us
Until we are gone.

I have loved
And I have lost
But I pray I can have them all
On the other side.

All as one
In a kingdom without end
At last among the living
On the better side of time.

And nothing will be taken
And nothing will be lost
Everything shared
And everything known.

Learning, growing
And loving
Forever new
Shinning and bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment