Thursday, March 14, 2013

The Dead Party

Dead Party 3/14/2013

I was knocking on the door
Long before I kicked it in
Because no one can wait forever
For someone to wake up
Before the world will end.

When I cut my head
I just let it bleed
And rolled around like a white worm
On a plate of glass.

I am the same
As I was
Still running with the ghosts
Through the burning fields.

I am still my self
Untamed and unpredictable
Full of possibilities
And endless potentials.

If I could make the world over
How would I destroy it?
Breaking it into pieces
To start all over again.

But there is still time
For us to start
And paint with bold strokes
All across the sky.

To make this day
The best we ever had
Renewing ourselves
From the inside out.

The body remembers its parts
And the parts remember me
In trillions of inactive cells
Reaching backwards through time.

Those who lived before
Live on inside
Their memory embedded
Deep within DNA.

The spark of creation
Has never died
But remains
As long as one link is left.

He will dig through the links
And make us all over again
Better than we were
At last completely awake
And at last completely alive.

There is nothing to lose
But everything to gain
As everything that we ever did
Remains
And grows.

I shall yet laugh
And drink with my friends
Together forever
Deathless and free

No comments:

Post a Comment