Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Black Fields Forever

Black Fields Forever 3/6/2013

What do you do?
And what do you say?
When all the laughter is over
And the world is silent,
Dead, and dying.

When all the money is gone
And all the windows kicked out
Leaving you shivering in the bedroom
With the snow coming in.

With nothing but time
And nothing but desperation
Dogging you every day
And haunting you
Every night.

Living with ghosts isn’t easy
Because they never need to sleep
Awake at all hours
And grabbing at your ankles.

They don’t care if it hurts
And they don’t care
How you feel
Because they can’t feel a thing
And never will again.

Life without a purpose
Will never have a meaning
And life without meaning
Is wasted, dumb and dead.

But so much for the words
Predictable and overused
Twisted into knots
Useless and heavy.

Making life harder
Just to make us feel better
Mucking up the process
Cumbersome and tired.

Enough to make you cry
And enough to make you quit
Running through the trees
And screaming for your life.

I belong in the black fields
And I belong in my castle
Transcribing words into poetry
About a world
No one has seen.

They can have what is left
And burn it to the ground
Because whatever it was
It isn’t worth a damn.

If I live, I live
And if I die
Then I live forever
Much better if free and dangerous
Than rotting in peaceful slavery.

No comments:

Post a Comment