Thursday, January 24, 2013

Stopgap


Stopgap 1/24/2013

Welcome dear stranger
To the land of the strange
Where the living wish for death
And the dead can never let go.

You can ask questions
But you will never hear the truth
Because what does the truth mean
When everyone believes a lie.

I was born for this
Because I was born for something
Invisible to the naked eye
All the information in the world.

There is something in me
That cannot rest
A tidal force of nature
Burning out of control.

Flowing in and flowing out
In a way, I can’t understand
Inspiring me to express
The words of man.

I have stood the test
But I don’t know why
Still standing
And still breathing.

It doesn’t do any good
To be angry
But it pays to be careful
Holding the biggest stick
At my side.

Others wish me harm
And others wish me death
Living to hate
And loving to kill.

Limited by their brains
And limited in imagination
They thrive on jealousy
And insecure pride.

But they cannot see
Because their eyes are closed
Closed by deception
And blind by design.

Time goes by
And nothing ever changes
As we go on
More concerned with appearance
Than the future.

Passing off the problems
And hoping they will go away
Looking down at their feet
And pretending it’s okay.

The day to day
Has a horror
Of unspeakable waste
As we casually waste the gift
Of every risen sun.

Yes I was born for something
At the beginning of the end
Just when everything fell apart
And spun out of control.

The murderers run the prison
And the animals rule the streets
Very much at home
At the end of the world.

We can either live in false safety
And buy everything they sell
Or we can choose to search
And find out the truth.

You can choose what you want
As long as you don’t say a word
Carefully avoiding the truth
That’s destroys everything you love.

Yes welcome to the gates
Of long awaited tipping point
Where everyone gets what they want
And the world goes to hell.

For everyone and everything
Someone had to pay a price
But when they are gone
Who will know how
And who will know what.








No comments:

Post a Comment