Friday, January 25, 2013

Double Vision



Double Vision 1/25/2013

Like a crystal ball
Filled with water
The future is filtered
Though a perilous present.

Others have looked
And seen it happen
The steep descent
And consuming fire.

The chaos of men
Running in the street
Bloodied, screaming
And burning with rage.

But who needs to see
When you can feel it in the air
That the tipping point is come
And everything is lost.

Smoky swirls
Curl in the water
Inky, dark,
Mysterious and foreboding.

I am a child
With everything before me
Young innocent
Kind and caring.

And I am a young man
Full of angst and worry
Never knowing what to say
Or who I was.

Older but no wiser
I am angered by the world
Hurling myself everywhere
As invincible
As I was foolish.

Then I am broken
And staggering home
Wasted, bloody
And destroying myself.

Now I am older and wiser
But many have been the losses
Learning too late
To save what I had.

Somewhere they can see it
The hidden and the lies
Those whose eyes have opened
To the truth and the light.

Seeing all the heartbreak
And seeing all the mockery
The horror of deception
And the terror of betrayal.

They can see
What really happened
And they can see
Who were the good.

As they fought alone
And abandoned
For hour after hour
On the roof tops
And in the houses
Surrounded and dead.

They can see
The liar
And all that he has done
Knowing every intention
And perceiving every motive.

No sleight of hand is missed
Above or beneath the table
Watching every movement
And every blow.

I did not know
Until it was too late
Watching my life flow out
And spread across the floor.

We are mortal men
And no longer can we pretend
That we can live forever
But God knows
And God remembers.

Looking downwards
As we look upwards
With tears of blood
Streaming down our faces.

With an aching heart
Watching us stumble
And watching us fall
Urging us to get back up again
All in one field of vision.

He sees me ask
And he sees me struggle
Knowing my steps
And every thought.

Listening and thinking
As I knock at his door
Praying for others
Broken and poor.


No comments:

Post a Comment