Thursday, August 16, 2012

Midnight




Midnight 8/16/2012

I have never left
And I have not run
Still standing right here
Ready to do
What must be done.

Nothing can stop
What is unstoppable
And no man can become
Greater than God.

Let them plan
And let them regulate
But they will never understand
Or appreciate.

I have waited
And I am content
With eyes in the back of my head
And blood in my mouth.

I have heard the words
And I have seen the crimes
Always at night
And always from behind.

Some men do the work
The hard stuff of creation
Making things work
And making them better.

But other men search
And always find nothing
So they always blame others
And hate every day.

Everything is given
And everything is taken
But the larger man learns
And the larger man builds.

I have not moved
And I have not surrendered
Even though I have suffered
And even though I am penalized.

Held to a higher standard
And rewarded with less
But still I survive
And do better anyway.

Let others spew their hatred
Because it never serves a purpose
Nothing but wasted venom
Wasted on the ground.

They pick their targets
So there can’t be a fight
But soon the end is coming
When all the masks fall
And the truth hits the fan.

I am still here
And I don’t need to rise
Because I stand like I always have
Ready, and willing.

Come and get me
And try your hand at the door
Because you will not survive
That much for sure.

I can live
And I can think
Because the greater the man
The wiser his choice.

Beware the surprises
That come out of nowhere
Because there is nothing new
Under this dead sun.

Big news shall come
But it’s all a lie
And it’s all a ruse
Just enough to distract
The foolish and the dull.

Desperate men
Do desperate things
And none is more desperate than evil
When he knows
The clock is ticking
And God is watching.

Don’t be discouraged
And don’t be fooled
Because the hour draws near
And the writing is on the wall.

It is time to wake up
To unspoken truths
The kind all over the street
In your head
And in your heart.

A million lies will never change the truth
And barbarians never wait
When they are armed
Just waiting for the day
When the good are defenseless
And outnumbered.

Look up and look out
Look behind and look around
The truth more clear than ever
And growling at the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment