Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Dead Drop


Dead Drop 8/28/2012

I took my life
Out over the ocean
And dropped it deep
Into the abyss.

Sinking into the great deep black
Sinking forever
Deeper and deeper
Darker and darker.

Only in the deep
Can a man ever learn
And only by sacrifice
Can we ever gain.

Losing yourself
And losing your pride
Giving it all
With nothing to spare.

Sometimes we make the choices
And sometimes others make the call
Leaving us to flounder
And leaving us to drown.

But no one knows
Until he has tried
And no one is free
Until he has died.

I am of no importance
And I am of no reputation
Nothing but a man
In an average life.

This world has nothing
That I really want
And no earthly treasure
Is worth my soul.

To possess life
We must lose it
And no one can conquer
Without suffering
And loss.

I am learning
And that is ok
Because it is the journey
And not the destination
That keeps me growing
And dreaming.

I can go
Or I can stay
But it’s the sprit that matters
Greater than flesh
And superficial ambition.




No comments:

Post a Comment