Thursday, April 28, 2016

Tactile




 Tactile                                   4/28/2016

We mark time
And celebrate its passage
A flattened point on a ruler  
Stretched out
And into space. 

We walk the journey
The same in the beginning
As it is in the end
Coming and going
From darkness to light.

Randomly selected
But carefully planned
Conceived at an intersection
Known in advance. 

The past is brought forward
And remembered in the cells
The secrets of our fathers
Buried in the past. 

It took the longest time
For me to understand
That far more is hidden
Than we can ever see.   

And it took suffering
For me to appreciate
Peace without forgiveness
And contentment
Without victory. 

There is an answer
But it does not come
Through effort or words
Only apparent
When fully immersed.

No longer troubled
Over nothing
And no longer a prisoner
Of my emotions.

We will live
Even if the world dies
As we take our place
Where we always belonged.

The pain will be forgotten
And our enemies
Disappeared
Unremembered
And unhonored. 

My skin is electric
And a shiver
Goes up my spine
As I sense not only horror
But victory
Final and complete. 

No comments:

Post a Comment