Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Day Job



 Day Job                                4/13/2016

It hit me
Where it hurts
In the soft spot
Unprotected
And unaware. 

Stabbed in the underbelly
They pulled out my guts
Just in time to string me up
And bleed me dry. 

Life is unfair
To everything
And everyone
A strange angular object
That all of us
Must swallow.

It hurt then
And it hurts now
Even though it is nothing
And I am no one. 

An average life
In an average place
Set up for a fall
Far down below. 

There is a dark place
At the bottom of our minds
The place everyone should fear
Right here
And right now.

I did not know
And so I was only guessing
More wrong than right
Wasted and blind.

It happens to all of us
If we try to live at all
Getting up
And walking it through.

Sacrificed for nothing
And hated for even less
Rejected for truth
And covered with wounds.

For me it happened later
And I was ripe for the bleed
A fattened calf
Tender and mute.

Gutted, cooked
Eaten and dead
The silent slaughtered
For convenience and fun.

Protect thyself
No matter how much the hate
Decisive and strong
The power of no. 

No comments:

Post a Comment