Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Gervais Street



Gervais Street 4/30/2014

Over here
Under the log
You will find the missing pieces
Of me and you
And everything else.  

We search endlessly 
But never find a thing
Until no one can find us
And we are dead. 

Life is strange
And living hurts
Even though it shouldn’t
All because
We are wounded by others 
Their apathy and their greed.

They strive on and on
And talk themselves
Into a circle 
Clawing and shoving each other
For just a little more. 

How would they react?
If they ever truly knew
How worthless it all is
The money and the power. 

If you are in the way
Then you had better watch out
Because now you are marked
And now you will die..

No one needs a cut out
And no one loves
A loose end
Knowing just enough to be a problem
But never enough
To save yourself.

If it’s all in the details
Then they won’t miss a thing
Staying up thinking
About your money
And your throat.

It’s not newsworthy
And no one says a word
That the good are sacrificed
Every hour
And every day. 

Nothing is
As it appears
And now that you know
You have no value
Or  protection. 

Others stare at a chessboard
And strategize their conquest
As they play a game
With other people lives.

They move money
And they rig the system
Selling us out
And giving us away.

Blowing up their friends
To frame their enemies
Anything to get what they want
Everything and everywhere.

Before you can think it
And before you can know.
It has all been divided up
And given away.

All of this
That I have done
Has all washed away
Under the bridge
And out to sea. 

Lost in the vastness
Of the ocean
The small pieces
Sinking to the bottom
Impossible to find. 

I hope these words
Are not wasted
And I hope
That they
Find their mark.

Because everything else is gone
And everything else is lost
Erased like it never happened
And I never lived at all.

The good was never enough
And the bad
Came with a price
A price I could never pay
And much too heavy to lift.

But what I had
Was not what I needed
And what I needed most
I would have never pursued.

Now I am empty
And now I am spent
But even this is a blessing
Because now I know
And now I am ready.

Ready for anything
And ready to speak
Letting the words roll out
And tumble into space.

With nothing to lose
And everything to gain
Because the best part is always ahead
And beyond. 

The search goes on
And so also do I
Because the search
Is the treasure
So let it go on
And burn forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment