Thursday, July 5, 2012

Sparkle Sparkle


Sparkle Sparkle 7/5/2012

I could feel the sun
Burning my skin
As beads of sweat
Fell off my nose.

Moving the chairs
And setting up the food
Hanging the bunting
And flying the flag.

The pool was perfect
A aqua colored jewel
Sparkling in the forest
Perfect, cool, and refreshing.

I played with my kids in the water
And I watched them laugh and splash
As perfect a moment
As I will ever know.

The sun streamed through the trees
And dappled on the patio
Streaming across the gardens
And our faces.

Our friends were there
And we remembered the others
As we honored our brother
Wounded in war.

He will never be the same
And lives with the pain
But still he laughs
And still he loves.

His kids were there
So also were we
In another perfect memory
Cherished forever.

We lit torches
And we ate and drank
Leaving with the glow
Of a day in the sun.

The kids slept in the car
With the wet towels in back
Driving in the night
With all the smells of summer.

Many summers have come
And many have gone
But this is what we have
And that’s enough for me.

Life will never be perfect
And no man can have it all
As we pass through life
More a promise
Than a reward.

But this day
I have all I could dream
A loving family
All happy and strong.

Free to live
And free to think
Gifted beyond all measure
Beautiful, rebellious and brave.

No comments:

Post a Comment